If you always wanted to try kiting, you are at the right place: With our beginners course, we will teach you kiting from scratch. Learn kiting with us at one of the most beautiful places in Fuerteventura. We almost always have wind and sun! We will show you how to take care of the kite, how to start and land the kite properly, how to bodydrag in the water and of course how you do a water start.
When paragliding is the art of flying in the air, then kiting is the art of hovering over the water. With a kite, the power of nature will take you on a journey over the water. You may glide over the water, surf the waves, jump into the air, or just enjoy a nice ride in the sun and enjoy the water and the winds. Fuerteventura is a perfect place - we usually have good winds, the weather is great, an endless beach and a nice lagoon are waiting for you.
Our beginners' classes have a maximum of three participants, so that our guide can focus on you.
In our 6 hours program (2 days) we start with a small kite depending on your previous knowledge. You receive from us a harness, a kind of giant belt around the hips, where the kite will be attached. We inflate the kite together and connect it with the lines of the bar. We show you what you have to consider (control line / safety line) to make you kite ready. Finally, we connect the kite with the so-called chicken loop to your harness. Next, we will start training the first kite movements.
After you have gained the first experience with the kite on land, we start the so-called bodydragging in the water with a larger kite. An important technique to get your board back in the water - if you lose it - which might happen at the beginning a bit more often :)
Finally, - depending on learning progress - you will learn how to start in the water and how to ride the first meters. How do you control the kite correctly, how do you do an eight to get power, what must you observe in the water and of course, how do you stand up.
Eventually, you will be riding the first meters!
Kiting is fun and we will teach you the details. Chicken-Loop, Chicken-Stick, Safety, Bar, Wind-window, Luv, Kite, Waterstart. Bodydragging and much more. Thanks to the small groups, our guide can concentrate on your unique needs.
- Start time is dependent on tides, preferably call one day before li>
- Shuttle from Costa Calma, Esquinzo and Jandía to the deepest parts of the lagoon
- In our base you get the complete kite equipment. Board, kite, harness, neoprene, life jacket and helmet.
- You can change to your kite outfit in our base (changing rooms).
- Together with the guide, you will head to the water
- Preparation of the kites
- Controlling the kite
- Exercise Bodydragging
- Exercise Water starts
- De-assemble the kite and what you have to consider
- Depending on tides training in the deep, tidal lagoon (exclusive license) or on the sea with jet ski rescue service
- Latest and special training material from Cabrinha
- All courses include material insurance